“Autoimmunity exists when the body decides that healthy cells are foreign invaders and mounts an attack against itself. In this unfortunate case of “friendly fire,” our bodies become reluctant victims of our environment and of our choices—from the foods we eat to the thoughts we think.”
– Free Your voice Heal Your Thyroid
Did you know that…
- 1 in 5 Americans are diagnosed with thyroid disease
- Eighty-percent of thyroid disease is experienced by women
- Fifty percent of cases going undiagnosed
- Eight-four percent of women with thyroid disease are autoimmune
- Type O blood is genetically prone to hypothyroidism, and approximately 46% of the population is type O
- Of women who have thyroid disease, an estimated 80% have fibrocystic breasts
“The relationship between hypothyroidism and breast cancer has been known for at least one hundred years… there is a direct relationship between breast cancer and regions of the world where iodine is deficient.”David Brownstein, MD
The physical thyroid requires iodine to manage energy for every cell in the body, as well as to regulate heart function. The metaphysical thyroid governs communication of all types, verbal and bodily, as well as balances self-expression and creative expression.
The Turtle Spot is at the Thyroid.
The neck is ‘the way of the turtle’ where you change from being an animal to a human. – Matthew Wood
Thyroid disease is a condition of dampness, lethargy, tired, hot. Use Turtle Medicine Black walnut, Ashwagandha, Iris, Collinsonia, Gingko